St Bernadette's Catholic Primary

With Jesus in our Hearts, we have:

The passion to learn,

The courage to fail,

The strength to love

Building Fund

Why do we need a Building fund?


The Diocesan Schools Building Fund (DSBF) was introduced in September 2000 in order to provide the contribution needed towards building and repair projects at all Voluntary Aided Schools in the Diocese of Portsmouth.  All schools are allocated capital funding each year, but church schools only receive 90% of their allocation.  To cover the remaining 10% we ask parents for a donation of £10 per child per term.


In return for making this contribution, we have access to a larger fund of money for building projects.  The scale of the project is not limited to the funds available to the school.


Past School Projects


In the past St Bernadette’s has benefited from a number of projects which have been funded through the Diocesan Building fund scheme.


These have included:

•    Essential roof repairs
•    Resurfacing of the playgrounds
•    Installation of new windows
•    Upgraded toilet facilities
•    Improvement to the Reception play area


How do I pay?


You can pay through the ParentMail payments system, you will find it in your basket. 



  • You will find the option in your payments option on your IRIS Parentmail account. 

Gift Aid

  • If you are a tax payer, please do also sign the gift aid form. This allows us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated.