St Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School
At our school, with Jesus in our hearts, we have:
-The passion to learn
-The courage to fail
-The strength to love.
Recognising its historic foundation as a Catholic school in the Diocese of Portsmouth, the school seeks to preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles and practice of the Catholic Church. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality in the context of Christian belief. It creates and values opportunities for pupils and adults to gather together in a Eucharistic community. The school encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
To provide learning and teaching experiences using curricula that will raise standards of attainment and achievement.
- To assist children to develop their full potential as successful learners, allowing them to grow into thinking, caring and responsible citizens.
- To encourage and enhance parents’ involvement in the partnership between home and school, working together in a shared value system which stresses the need for considerate behaviour and respect between adults and children.
- To provide a learning environment which is adaptable, relevant to the changing needs of 21st century learners, promotes enterprising attitudes and care for the environment.
- To create a supportive, life-long learning environment which addresses the professional development of individual learners by planning a wide range of Staff development and training opportunities which will enhance the school’s development targets.
- To provide equal opportunity and inclusion strategies to foster the all round development of the child encouraging them to be confident individuals.
- To foster self esteem discipline in pupils and raise their awareness of their role in the wider community and to promote individual health